Fall is here and fall family and high school senior photo sessions are in full swing! I love this time of year- the nights have started to cool down and it’s the perfect excuse to spend time with the ones you love. After a request for the recipe over on Instagram, I’m sharing one of my favorite fall comfort foods with you all.
Fall can be such a hectic time of year for us – and I’m sure it’s the same for many of you too. Just getting this recipe ready to share with all of you has reminded me to not let the craziness of daily life get in the way of spending time with the ones we love- and what better way to do that than around the family dinner table.
Corn & Chicken Chowder
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halved
- 4 Fresh ears of corn
- 1- 32 ounce container reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 4 -5 potatoes, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- Combine chicken corn and broth in a large pot or dutch oven. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to cutting board and remove corn.
- Add half the sweet peppers the broth. Stir in milk and potatoes and allow to simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
- Shred chicken using two forks and return to broth. Cut the corn from the cob and return corn kernels to broth as well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Download a printable version of the recipe below!